Let’s understand about what is digital marketing what are its types advantages and disadvantages of digital marketing through this video according to madam CJ walker don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come get up and make them before we go in what is digital marketing it is called online marketing it is promotion of brands to connect with the potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication for example email social media and web-based advertising channel search engines mobile applications and also text and multimedia messages. It is an act of promoting and selling products and services by using online marketing tactics such as media marketing, search marketing and email marketing. It is a way to connect with and influence the potential customers through online essentially if a marketing campaign involves digital communication it is called this digital marketing it can be done online and offline and in fact both kinds are important for a well-rounded digital marketing strategy. Consumers rely heavily on digital means to research product, for example, think with Google marketing insights found that 48 percentage of customers start their enquiries on search engines while 33 percent look to brand websites and 26 percent search within mobile applications. Digital marketing helps you reach a larger audience than one could reach through traditional methods and target the prospects who are most likely to buy the particular product or service. Another advantage is that, it is often more cost-effective than traditional advertising and enables you to measure success on a daily basis and change the plans accordingly. Digital marketing is vital for one’s business and brand awareness it seems like every brand has a website if they don’t they at least have a social media presence or digital ad strategy. Digital marketing and content is so common that consumers now expect and rely on it as a way to learn about the brands now let’s look into the types of digital marketing.
Search engine optimization it is the process of optimizing the brand’s website to rank higher in search engine result pages thereby increasing the amount of free traffic the website receives.
Content marketing this term refers to the creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness traffic growth lead generation and customers. The channels that can help in content marketing strategy or blog posts ebooks etc.
Social media marketing this practice promotes one’s brand and content on social media channels so as to achieve the same targets such as increase brand awareness drive traffic and generate leads for the business. The channels include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat, pinterest, LinkedIn, etc .
Pay-per-click that is ppc it is a method to drive traffic to the website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked one of the most common types of ppc is google ads other channels includes paid ads on facebook sponsored messages on linkedin etc.
Affiliate marketing this is a type of performance based advertising where one receive commission for promoting someone else product on the website affiliate marketing channels include posting affiliate links from your social media accounts hosting video ads through the YouTube partner.
Native advertising refers to the advertisements that are primarily content-led and featured on a platform alongside with the other non-paid content example facebook advertising.
Marketing automation it refers to the software that serves to automate your basic marketing operations many marketing departments can automate repetitive tasks that are done manually otherwise, such as email newsletter social media post scheduling etc.
Email marketing companies use this as a way to communicate with other audience email is mostly used to promote content discounts and events as well as to direct people toward the business’s website, for example blog subscription newsletters customer welcome emails holiday promotions to loyalty program members etc.
Online pr it is much like traditional pr but in the online space online PR is the public relations work of communicators via online communication channels, the channels include social media blogs websites etc.
Inbound marketing, it is a method that is designed to draw visitors and potential customers in rather than outwardly pushing a brand product or service onto the prospects. It simply refers to the marketing methodology wherein you attract, engage and delight customers at every stage of the buyer’s journey. They use every digital marketing technique mentioned above to create a customer experience that works with a customer but not against them.
Sponsored content in this, the brand pay another company or entity to create and promote content that discusses the brand or service provided in some way.
Now let's look into the advantages of digital marketing
- Global reach a website allows you to trade globally and also find new markets for a small
- Huge return on investment easy to measure the success or otherwise of a digital campaign can easily be ascertained with a digital campaign one can know almost immediately how an ad is performing.
- Easy to adjust the knowledge of the performance of an ad will inform a business on how to proceed and the course of action can be changed
- Brand development businesses can use these digital platforms to build their company’s brand and reputation for example a blog featuring quality and useful articles as social media channel that is highly
- Easy to share most digital channels feature sharing capabilities that allow campaigns and articles to be shared with multiple followers this helps to create a multiplayer effect and has the capacity to tremendously improve sales results.
- Precise targeting marketing on digital platforms allows for targeted camping where ads are presented to customers based on their preferences or initial
- Segmentation segmentation is a process in which large customer groups are further broke down into smaller groups of customers according to particular classification segmentation increases the chance of sales as well as cut down on
- Openness by getting involved with social media and managing it carefully one can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
Now let's look into the disadvantages
- Dependability on technology
- Security privacy issues
- Maintenance costs due to a constantly evolving
- Worldwide competition through globalization promotional strategies can be copied.
- Complaints and feedback the complaints and feedback can be seen by everyone and one negative comment can destroy online reputation of the product or brand for a longer time.